Established as part of Governor Gavin Newsom’s 2021-22 budget and through California Assembly Bill (AB) 172 (Chapter 20, Statutes of 2021), the Community Care Expansion (CCE) program will provide $805 million in infrastructure funding for the acquisition, construction, and rehabilitation to preserve and expand adult and senior care facilities that serve Social Security Income (SSI) applicants and recipients, including those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and people with behavioral health conditions. The program is administered by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS).
Facility types that are eligible for CCE funding are:
- Residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFE)
- Adult residential care facilities (ARF)
- Residential care facilities for the chronically ill (RCFCI)
- Recuperative care facilities
- Other residential care settings that serve the target population